Saturday, November 17, 2012

God Bless You, General Kenobi!

After months of simultaneously desiring to start a blog and wondering if doing so would make me self conceited, I decided to throw all precaution to the wind and go through with it anyway.  I've been to the internet.  Anything I have to say can't possibly drag it any further into the depths of depravity it's been marinating in for a good decade or so.  Then again, only on the internet can you find people who want to debate television fandom and write Harry Potter/Buffy the Vampire Slayer crossover fanfiction, so perhaps I'm shooting myself in the proverbial Catch-22.

My name is General Kenobi (Ms. Kenobi, if you're nasty).  I am neither a general, nor a member of the Kenobi bloodline (despite my through the roof midichlorian count).  The name actually comes from part of my gamertag, which I have become quite fond of over the years.  Not only does it allow me to escape most sexual harassment while playing Call of Duty online, but I also get to represent one of the greatest mentor figures in the history of popular culture.  It's a win-win-win as far as I'm concerned.

As far as starting this blog goes, there are four things I care about in this world:  God, my friends and family, American government, and popular culture.  Now depending on how "the worst" my family is being, and how far into election season we are, the last three are subject to change priority at any time, but the first one never does.  Sadly, in real life I've realized that people will only listen to one's (i.e., mine) thoughts on the electoral college and why Friday Night Lights is one of the greatest dramas prime time television has ever seen for so long before they stop caring/talking to you.  The beauty is that the internet never stops caring.  With this blog, my goal is to hit on those four things I care about without feeling guilty that at least eighteen percent of it concerns the unjust cancellation of Firefly.  I'm still getting the hang of this whole blog concept, so it may be awhile before it's running smoothly, but I'd appreciate any friendly tips, comments, prayer requests, etc.  I'll take it all :)

Finally, for anyone wondering, the title of this blog comes from the 2001 Drew Barrymore classic Riding in Cars with Boys.  Initially I thought of the title, and I laughed so hard that three years later I couldn't even come up with anything even remotely less embarrassing.  This is the kind of childish absurdity you can come to expect from this blog.  Followers beware (but welcome:)

Keelah se'lai

The General

No comments:

Post a Comment